Sep 20, 2011

Trichomoniasis

Definition
Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted disease caused by the parasite Trichomonas vaginalis. The parasite is most often affects women, but men can become infected and transmit to their partners through sexual contact. The vagina is the most frequent site of infection in women, while the urethra (urinary tract) is the most common site of infection in men.
Symptom
In women, who were attacked primarily the vaginal wall, can be acute or chronic. In acute cases of vaginal secretions appear thick turbid yellowish, yellow green, smells bad and frothy. Vaginal walls appear reddish and swollen. Also obtained itching and heat in the vagina. Pain during sexual intercourse may also be a major complaint of perceived patient with trichomoniasis. Patients with trichomoniasis may also experience post-coital bleeding and lower abdominal pain. When secretions are many who come out, can arise irritation in the groin or around the lips of the vagina. In chronic cases, symptoms are milder and usually do not frothy vaginal secretions.
Unlike the women, the men usually do not give symptoms. Even if there are, in general, milder symptoms than women. Symptoms include irritation inside the penis, murky liquid out but not much, heartburn and pain after urinating or after ejaculation.



Figure 1. Picture of vaginal secretions in patients with Trichomoniasis

Treatment
The most effective treatment for trichomoniasis is metronidazole with oral medication. The dose is usually 2 g single dose or 500 milligrams twice daily for seven days. This drug should not be given if the patient is pregnant the first 3 months because of its effect on the fetus. In these circumstances, patients may be using drugs clotrimazole, which its use is inserted into the vagina.
Symptoms of trichomoniasis in infected men will usually disappear within a few weeks without treatment. However, the infected men, although it is never to give any symptoms or symptoms are absent, can continue to infect their sexual partners be treated until he finished. Therefore, both sexual partners should be treated at once to stop the spread of the disease. Patients who are treated are advised not to have sexual intercourse during treatment and before declared cured. People who have trichomoniasis do not protect people exposed to not exposed to anymore. Although treatment is successful, the person can become infected again.
Epidemiology
The incidence in the United States approximately 7.4 million new cases each year. The exact number is difficult to obtain because most of these cases go unreported or undiagnosed. Globally, WHO estimates there are about 180 million new cases each year worldwide. While prevalence rates vary from 5% in family planning clinic clients up to 75% in sex workers. Trichomoniasis has a combined infection rate is quite high with other infectious diseases, such as with gonorrhea, which is known to be significantly associated with trichomoniasis infection. Trichomoniasis also facilitate the transmission of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Trichomoniasis is found both in men and women, but more often found in women.
Cause
Trichomoniasis is caused by the parasite Trichomonas vaginalis. The parasite is spread through sexual contact with someone who has been affected by this disease. Trichomoniasis attack (urethra) urinary tract in men, but usually without symptoms, whereas in women, more often attacked vaginal trichomoniasis. The risk for this disease depends on the person's sexual activity. Several risk factors for developing this disease include:
• The number of sexual partners during their lives
• Sexual partners currently
• Not wearing a condom during intercourse
Prevention
Because trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted disease, the best way to avoid it is not sexual intercourse. Some ways to reduce transmission of this disease include:
• Use of condoms can reduce the risk of contracting this disease.
• No borrowing personal tools such as a towel because this parasite can live outside the human body for 45 minutes.
• Clean yourself immediately after swimming in public baths.

related articles

6 comments:

ss said...

Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

Thanks!

Angela
angelabrooks741@gmail.com

Angelina Keffi said...

There is a safe & effective Natural Herbal Medicine. For Total Cure Call    +2349010754824,  or email him   drrealakhigbe@gmail.com       For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE contact him. Treatment with Natural Herbal Cure. For:Dengue Fever, Malaria. Painful or Irregular Menstruation. HIV/Aids. Diabetics. Vaginal Infections. Vaginal Discharge. Itching Of the Private Part. Breast Infection. Discharge from Breast. Breast Pain & Itching. Lower Abdominal Pain. No Periods or Periods Suddenly Stop. Women Sexual Problems. High Blood Pressure Chronic Disease. Pain during Sex inside the Pelvis. Pain during Urination. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, (PID). Dripping Of Sperm from the Vagina As Well As for Low sperm count. Parkinson disease. Obesity, Lupus.  Cancer.  Tuberculosis.  Zero sperm count. Bacteria, Impotence Fertility,Protoplasmic, Diarrhea. Herpatitis A&B, Rabies. Asthma.  Quick Ejaculation. Gallstone, Cystic Fibrosis, Schizophrenia, Crubs, Cirrhosis,  Premature Ejaculation. Herpes. Joint Pain. Stroke. Cornelia Disease, Weak Erection. Ovarian problem,  Erysipelas, Thyroid, Discharge from Penis. Bronchial Problem,  HPV.  Hepatitis A and B. STD. Staphylococcus + Gonorrhea + Syphilis. Heart Disease.  Pile-Hemorrhoid.rheumatism,  Impotence, thyroid, Autism, Sepsis Bacteria,  Penis enlargement, Prostate Problem,  Waist & Back Pain.  Male Infertility and Female Infertility. Etc. Take Action Now. contact him & Order for your Natural Herbal Medicine:  +2349010754824  and email him    drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    Note For an Appointment with (Dr.) AKHIGBE.I suffered in Cancer for a year and three months dieing in pain and full of heart break. One day I was searching through the internet and I came across a testimony herpes cure by doctor Akhigbe. So I contact him to try my luck, we talk and he send me the medicine through courier service and with instructions on how to be drinking it.To my greatest surprise drinking the herbal medicine within three weeks I got the changes and I was cure totally. I don't really know how it happen but there is power in Dr Akhigbe herbal medicine. He is a good herbalist doctor.

Jennifer Robert said...

Hello everyone, I want to say a special thanks to Dr OGU. for helping me get cured from herpes virus 2019 , I contacted him base on the testimonies I saw about him on the internet I was diagnosed of HERPES Virus i have tried all I can to get cured but all to know avail, until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal man who prepare herbal medication to cure all kind of diseases including HERPES virus, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try I was cured by his herbal medicine and natural herbs, kindly contact him today through his email: drogugusolutionhome@gmail.com or text/call: +1 (719) 629 0982

He’s waiting to help you.


HE ALSO SPECIALIZE IN THE FOLLOWING Illness;

If you have any sickness like : H I V/AIDS , CANCER , HERPES 1 or 2 , GENITAL WARTS, Yeast-infection's (HPV), and Hepatitis A, B , Shingles, Trichomoniasis Gonorrhea, Epilepsy, and Syphilis.

ANTHONY said...

Hi everyone, it is no longer news that the Acquired immune deficiency syndrome Herpes Virus is increasing by the day. The fear is that many people living with the sickness are scared of saying it because of the stigma that comes along with it.I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 years ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from hospital to another but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, 0n a faithfull day. I went online and i come acrosn someone who was testifying about a doctor call DR,Abolo About his herbal medecin, and i never believe in such thing but heart keeps trouble me so i decided to give it a try i contact him on his whatApp number in 7 days time i received my package then i follow the instructions giving by him i used the herbal drugs for two weaks and the doctor ask me go for check up because i was having some changes from my body i was feeling strong and healthy i went to my doctor for check up for my greatest surprise i was negative my doctor was full of surprise, then i decided to share the goood news because i know that there thausands of people out there who wre surffering from a lot of disease please help yourself and contact him on his whatApp number for a quick respond +2347044725611 and you can still reach him on his gmail draboloherbalhome@gmail.com can cure disease such as, GENITAL WARTS/ HIV AIDS. DIABETICS STROKE. H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5. HUMA PAPAILOMAVIRUS. HERPES. SYPHILIS. CANCER. HEPATITIS A B and C. HIGH BLOOD PRESSURES THANK TO YOU ALL FOR YOUR TIME OF READING MY TESTIMONY AND MOST ESPECIALLY YOU Dr ABOLO A VERY BIG THANK YOU TOU MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

juwan james said...

The greatest Joy in my life today is that i have been cured of Herpes by a Doctor called Dr. Ishiaku, I was infected with HERPES Disease in 2019, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution,so that my body can be okay. Until one faithful day as I was browsing on the internet I saw a testimony on how Dr. Ishiaku has helped people in curing Herpes and other diseases, quickly copied his WhatsApp number so I contacted him for a solution for my Herpes disease, So Dr. Ishiaku told me that he was going to prepare his herbal medicine for my health which he sent to me, luckily after 2week my Herpes was cured. Dr Ishiaku is well recognized as one of the best herbalist doctors in Africa, you don't have to be sad anymore or cry anymore on this disease when the cure is available. The medicine has NO SIDE EFFECT,there's no special diet when taking the medicine. He also cures ALS, HIV AIDS, HPV, DIABETES and lots more.


For enquiries:

E-mail: ishiakuherbalcure@yahoo.com


What-sApp: +2348180828544


KIRSTEN BROWN said...

Greetings to the general public, I want to tell about how I was cured of
HIV disease by a Doctor called Dr. voodoo . I was browsing the Internet
searching for remedy on HIV and I saw a comment of people talking about how
Doctor voodoo cured them. I was scared because I never believed in the
Internet but i was convince to give him a try because i having no hope of
been cured of HIV so I decided to contact him with his email that was
listed on the comment voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com when I contacted
him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that I took and
it seriously worked for me, am a free person now without problem,
my HIV result came out negative. I pray for you Dr. voodoo God will give
you everlasting life, you shall not die before your time for being sincere
and great men. Am so happy, you can also contact him if you have any
problem Email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com
or Add him up on WhatsAp +2348140120719

Post a Comment